Friday, August 3, 2007

Gold Stock Market Sentiment

The other day, I joined a forum that discusses the fundamentals and technicals behind the gold market. One thing I noticed, at the bottom of the page, it said "Most users ever online was 1,162, 05-06-2006." So, that got me thinking, and led me to look at a gold chart at that date. Below is the chart I was looking at, and I have circled the date in question.



Interestingly, the date that had the most traffic, the date where the public was most interested in learning about investing in gold, was almost at the exact top of the market. This proves, once again, that the general public is usually at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I also remember reading a newspaper article at the beginning of May, 2006 that showed how people in Toronto were lining up outside coin stores to get their hands on some silver. This was when silver was at about $15.50 an ounce, but a month later it was $9.50 an ounce.

Anyway, in terms of this site, I'm trying a new form of advertising. I've had a lot of difficulty with the ads I was previously using, so I'm giving these guys a try. The ads appear as double underlined words within my articles. Words that have a single underline are not ads, and are links to my other articles. If anybody finds these annoying, please send me email, and I will consider removing them. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danny,

I don't know if you're familiar with Alexa, but it allows you to look at the traffic rank of a site over time. Take a look at Kitco, the current rank hasn't been this low since 2002.

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kitco.com

Gold Stock Prophet said...

Hi there,


You are 100% right about that, and thanks for the comment.

In the article you commented on, I made a link to another article I wrote that talked about Kitco's Alexa rating.

Click on the highlighted area that says: "The Public is usually at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Thanks again.