Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Interview with Oil Expert Matt Simmons

I feel that when someone works hard, does research, and makes a bold forecast that eventually comes to fruition several years later, that person should be given credit. Along with Richard Heinberg, who I mentioned last time, Matt Simmons is one such person.

Matt Simmons, who spent his entire career working with the oil industry, is author of Twilight in the Desert. Simmons also appears frequently in interviews, such as the one done by Bloomberg above, and was featured in the documentary Crude Awakening, which I highly recommend.

Every weekend I listen to a radio broadcast that can be downloaded from the internet called The Financial Sense News Hour. You can download for free the interviews done with Matt Simmons on this show by clicking here and here.

The Financial Sense News Hour piqued my interest as soon as I began listening to it over 3 years ago now. The program is about 4 hours every weekend, and can be downloaded to an iPod or MP3 player.


No comments: